(A)live from Bogotá

Monday, April 09, 2007

A Conversation with Jennifer

me: so
how do you feel about the news?
Jenny: what do you mean?
tv news?
me: no
Jenny: something in particular?
me: brinn baker is Engaged
Jenny: oh, i didn't know
me: the girl i had a crush on in 4th grade.
to be married
Jenny: it doesn't affect me
me: the girl whom, three years later, while i still kind of had a crush on her despite dating a different girl, played my shakesperian lover in a midsummer night's dream
Jenny: oh my god
me: F A T E,, no?
but i'm dealing with ti pretty well.
Jenny: you're totally putting meaning and emotion back where it wasn't
when's the last time you talked to brinn baker?
me: are you telling me i'm projecting?
Jenny: you don't know her
me: in your house, actually.
Jenny: you liked her when you were in FOURTH GRADE
me: becuase cheryl owyoung was there.
Jenny: get over it, we're old
our friends are getting married
me: she was the first girl i had a crush on!
don't dismiss this.
Jenny: ok, ok
i realize this is incredibly significant for you
me: i have, probably subscosciously, evaluated every other girl since then based on the scale of Brinn.
Jenny: PLEASE!
me: She was the first girl who made me feel bad about myslef becuas she was so PERFECT
Jenny: puh-lease
me: I had bad handwriting
and bad spelling
Brinn had flawless spelling
Jenny: oh my god, i can't listen to this male shit
anymore
me: and loopy handwriting.
And
Jenny: i'm so sick of sympathizing with you assholes
i have to go read to kindergarteners
me: i used these off-white notebooks in Ms. Zinc's class
they were from recycled paper
Jenny: I DON'T CARE
me: hers were pure as... paper made from old-growth forests.
Jenny: EVERYONE'S SELF CONSCIOUS
THE WORLD'S BIGGER THAN YOU AND YOUR ISSUES WITH GIRLS
me: NOT BY MUCH
Jenny: THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE THINKS
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD IS CRAPPY
AND WHY YOU FEEL GOOD WHEN YOU'RE OUT IN THE DESERT OR ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN
seriously, i have to go do more important things
bye.
me: More important things!
Jennifer
you can't ignore me like that! I'm the first important boy you ever dated!
i will not be cast to the relm of 'unimportant things'
Jenny: you are not unimportant
this current bs is
me: In a midsummer nights dream I played Demitrus and she played Helena
do you remember the play?
Jenny: and less important than me feeding myself before going to a local public school to volunteer my time to teach read to kindergarteners
me: at first Demetrius DOES NOT LOVE Helena
Jenny: not that i'm being self-important or anything
me: he loves herme
Jenny: yes, i remember the play
my brother was in it
i saw the ballet
a midsummer night's dream is a a COMEDY, not a DRAMA
dufus
me: but then, Puck rights what is wrong, and makes it so that demetrius loves HELENA and not HERME
Jenny: your troubles induce LAUGHTER
me: and EVERYONE IS HAPPY
Jenny: HAHAHAHA
and you cause all the real sorrow in the world
so don't ask me to feel sorry for you
understand, empathize ,whatever
sympathize, never!
(i'm practicing for my show)
BUCK UP, GROW SOME BALLS, AND BE A MAN
me: you're useless
no one could ever love you!
Jenny: EVERYONE LOVES ME
that's a lie
TO KNOW ME IS TO LOVE ME, WALTER LAMBERSON
me: i need to go take a shower
have fun with the kids, hope you have a good day. i assume it's also cold there?
Jenny: yup
bye
Sent at 11:48 AM on Monday

4 Comments:

  • 1) i didn't realize brinn baker was your perfection or that you were freaking out so over this. we should chat. that be cool.
    2) i think to listen to jennifer yell at you might indeed be to love jennifer.
    3) i just read your entire schpeil on why we should treat malaria, quite enjoyed the reading, but chose to comment on this post instead.

    By Blogger Anisha, at 12:07 PM  

  • also, if that were true, then i have probably, since elementary school, subconsciously evaluated every other boy based on the scale of miguel sanchez. or muskaan. take your pick. ;)

    By Blogger Anisha, at 12:14 PM  

  • also, have you ever dated a bad speller?

    By Blogger Anisha, at 12:17 PM  

  • Anisha told me about this. I feel famous! You should have an entire blog dedicated to conversations we have of me yelling at you.

    By Blogger Jennifer Lee, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home