(A)live from Bogotá

Monday, May 01, 2006

God Parts Clouds, I Make It To Bogotá

Apparently, some people were worried I died or something. I am in Bogotá, I'm just late because my flight was five hours late. It's also may first, the international labor day (and the day the statue in from of Pick Hall at the U of C is supposed to cast a hammer and sickle shadow, but no doubt it was cloudy), which is a holiday in all places not the US. So every internet cafe was closed and every telephone booth was closed. I had to come to a hostel I'm not staying in to send a few e-mails. I should go, but worry not, I am alive. I also feel much better. more later.

4 Comments:

  • I am relieved you are in Bogota. It is strange to be comforted that your child has made it back to the safety of just a civil war.

    Please go to a hospital or doctor, preferably the best in town, and get examined for everything.

    Mommie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 PM  

  • glad to hear that you're okay walter :) yes, listen to your mom! :)

    and you're right-on about the weather here in chicago. it IS cloudy.

    jennie :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

  • Good to hear that you are doing better. Your blog on malaria had me a little concerned. Saying a prayer that you have fun, learn much, and return safely.

    Cousin Art

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 AM  

  • Dude,

    check out http://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/everybreath/

    and, courtesy of anisha,
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/30/travel/30next.html?ex=1147492800&en=beabef7da70ae03e&ei=5070&emc=eta1

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home